• The packing box should be unpacked by a professional or two or more adults if it is protected with a wooden box or a slatted crate. Close attention should be paid to the safety of the handler and the goods in the box.
• Prior to unpacking, please check if the packing box is visually damaged and if the information (e.g. product name and code) on the packing box is consistent with the product you have purchased.
• Fragile parts, such as marbles, should be gently handled to avoid damage.
• Carefully verify if the name, code, quantity, and color of the product match the one you have purchased, after the whole product is taken out. Check if the product is visually damaged or if the product has other quality issues. In case of any problems, please take a photo to preserve the evidence and promptly contact your dealer.
• The product should be assembled in a spacious area and on a flat floor. It is suggested to use soft materials to protect the floor and parts, if necessary, to prevent damage due to collision.
• You are expected to carefully read the installation instructions before installation, and strictly follow the instructions to assemble the product.
• Please check the following after installation:
• Regarding cabinets and shelves, it is better to evenly place objects. Avoid placing heavy objects on the top of a cabinet.
• Do not climb on any furniture to reach a higher place, as the furniture may be damaged or it may tip over and lead to injury.
• The user should regularly inspect all screws and moving parts of the product, and promptly fasten or lock them if they are loose.
• You should remove objects from the furniture and lock its doors and drawers before moving it as the furniture may tilt or parts may drop out and lead to injury.
A clean and wet towel should be used to wipe the surface of any product that is exposed to ordinary or corrosive liquid within 10 minutes. A piece of dry cloth should then be applied to absorb the residual moisture. Please try not to apply a detergent with a high concentration of alcohol or a bleaching effect to clean household products. If you have no alternative, you must wipe the detergent off immediately after cleaning to remove corrosive liquid residue.
Each batch of wood products varies by texture and color, due to the natural properties of wood. Wood knots are inevitably formed during the growth of the tree. Wood knots may be found in any part of the furniture. As long as they do not adversely impact structural strength, wood knots should not be regarded as a quality issue.
The main solid wood used by Stellar Works is walnut and oak. Birch is also used to make the internal frame of sofas. Stellar Works strictly controls the moisture content of solid wood during production to prevent cracks and deformation. Nevertheless, it is still possible for solid wood to deform in an excessively humid or dry environment. To avoid that, it is suggested to use solid wood furniture in an indoor environment with ambient temperature and humidity. Stellar Works uses oil or water-based paints to protect the wood surface.
Stellar Works applies a veneer of solid wood to artificial panels. In the event of any scratches or bumps, do not polish with abrasive paper, as it may lead to secondary damage.
Soap finish can make the wood surface smoother and more natural, and protect the wood surface to some extent. Compared with the painted wood surfaces, soap-finished wood should be protected more carefully. Collision, abrasions, and dirt should be avoided as far as possible.
It is recommended that special soap flakes or liquid soap for furniture should be used to maintain the soap-finished wood surface annually. Danish soap flakes are preferred. The instructions for soap flakes or liquid soap should be strictly followed. Products intended for soap-finished wood surfaces rather than ordinary hand sanitizer or soaps should be selected.
The wood surface is waterproof and stain-proof. That said, in case of any liquid or dirt on the wood surface, a clean and wet towel should be used to wipe the surface. A piece of dry cloth should then be applied to absorb the residual moisture. Dry and soft duster cloths can be used to dust the furniture. Or special detergents for furniture can be used. Do not use any solvents with alcohol or gas to clean the furniture. Do not use hard cleaning tools, such as steel wool, hard brushes, and gauze brushes, as they may leave scratches on the furniture.
• Wood may crack or deform if it is too close to a heat source, such as a radiator or fireplace. A distance of at least 30 cm should be maintained.
• Do not place the furniture under direct sunlight, such as near the window or balcony, because long-term exposure to sunlight can lead to color fading of the paint on wood.
• Hot objects, such as hot tableware, should not be directly placed on the wood furniture. A heat insulation pad is recommended.
Stellar Works primarily uses aniline, semi-aniline, and pigmented leather. Each type of leather varies by characteristics, look and feel. Each cowhide is different. Even different parts of the same cowhide can have different colors. Marks and colour variation are characteristics of natural leathers. They should not be regarded as flaws or product defects. Damage to the leather due to improper use should be avoided. Existing abrasions and ruptures should be repaired, according to the advice of a professional, to avoid further damage.
Regarding routine cleaning, a soft and dry towel can be used to wipe the leather. Food residue and debris can be removed with a vacuum with a soft brush. Clean, absorbent, and soft cloths or sponges should be used to wipe the leather if liquid spills over it. A piece of dry cloth should then be applied to clean it. Let the leather dry naturally. If non-aqueous liquids spill over the leather, a damp soft cloth with soapy water should be used to wipe the leather. A piece of dry cloth should then be applied to clean it. Do not use any chemical solvents, detergents, or bleaching powder to clean leather. Special leather care products are recommended for cleaning and maintenance.
• Leather may crack if it is too close to a heat source, such as a radiator or fireplace. A distance of at least 30cm should be maintained.
• Do not place the furniture under direct sunlight, such as near the window or balcony, because long-term exposure to sunlight can cause color fading in leather.
Stellar Works mainly uses wool, wool blend fabrics, cotton and linen, and synthetic fabrics. Wool and synthetic fabrics require simple and basic maintenance. All fabrics can be easily scratched with sharp objects, such as belt fasteners, keys, and animal paws. Thread residue, if any, should be cut carefully rather than torn or pulled. For severe damage, please ask a professional for help.
Food residue and debris can be removed with a vacuum with a soft brush. Clean, absorbent, and soft cloths or sponges should be used to wipe the fabric if liquid spills over it. A piece of dry cloth should then be applied to clean it. Let the fabric dry naturally. Any dirt on the fabric can be wiped with a wet duster cloth. Afterwards, let the fabric dry. Do not use a detergent or bleaching powder to clean the fabric.
• Do not place your furniture too close to a heat source, such as a radiator or fireplace. A distance of at least 30 cm should be maintained.
• Do not place the furniture under direct sunlight, such as near the window or balcony, because long-term exposure to sunlight can result in color fading of the fabric.
Pressure marks may appear during use, forcing the nap in different directions, which is noticeable by a change of colour. This effect is due to a combination of rising air humidity, body moisture and weight. At Stellar Works, all our velour textiles are handled with special care and are transported in boxes to avoid creases and pressure marks.
It is typically possible to remove creases and pressure marks by placing a damp cloth on the textile or spraying with distilled water until the textile’s surface is moist but not wet. The same result can be achieved by carefully steaming the textile with an iron at a distance of 1 - 2 cm from the surface. Avoid to exert pressure on the textile. Brush the textile with a soft brush in the direction of the pile for the nap to rise to its original state. Let the textile dry over night. In order to avoid shading, we recommend to treat the complete surface accordingly. If the textile cannot dry naturally over night, it is possible to use a hair dryer from different directions to rise the nap to its original state.
A piece of clean and soft duster cloth should be used to remove the dust regularly. Scratched iron parts may rust, once they come into contact with water. Special metal cleaners can be applied to clean stubborn dirt. A clean duster cloth can then be used to wipe it. Brushed metal or metal with other texture effects should be wiped in the direction of its texture. Rough cleaning tools can scratch the metal surface, so they should be avoided.
Marble is a natural material. Every piece of marble has unique textures and colors. Due to the porous and delicate nature of marble, scratches and staining should be avoided during cleaning. It is better to place a heat insulation pad under hot objects, although marble is somewhat heat-resistant. Marble is delicate. Hence, impact and collision should be avoided; otherwise, a marble countertop may crack. Marble furniture is heavy and should be carried by a sufficient number of people, because it may break if it falls over.
In terms of routine cleaning, a clean towel can be used to wipe marble to remove dust and food residue. If liquid spills over marble, a cloth or sponge soaked in neutral soapy water should be used to wipe it. A piece of dry cloth should then be applied to clean it. Acid cleaners can erode marble surface and should be avoided. If soapy water does not work, diluted alcohol or bleaching agents can be used to clean deep and stubborn dirt. It is suggested that a marble sealant should be regularly applied to seal the marble surfaces.
It is easy to clean glass and mirrors. Fibers without finely split strands and glass cleaners can be used. Or a soft duster cloth soaked in soapy water is also acceptable. A dry towel can then be used to wipe off the residual moisture to prevent streaks.
FAULT ANALYSIS AND TROUBLESHOOTING
|Fault||Cause Analysis||Elimination Method|
|Swelling, deformation, and mold.||The product is placed in a humid environment. Part of the product is immersed in water.||Regular indoor air ventilation is suggested.Indoor humidity should be adjusted regularly.|
|Cracks in the product.||The indoor environment is too dry.||A humidifier can be used. Or you can use a wet mop to moisten the floor.|
|Loose connection of parts.||Joints or screws become loose, as the product is shaken during use.||Joints or screws should be fastened.|
|Product is unstable.||The floor is slanted.||You should place an item under the product to keep it level against the floor.|
|The door to the cabinet is hard to open or close.||The door frame is deformed because of unevenly distributed loads.||Do not place heavy objects on the top of the cabinet. Instead, objects should be evenly distributed in the cabinet.|
• The product should be moved gently. Do not handle it roughly; otherwise, joints or the whole structure may become loose or break.
• The product should be disassembled in line with the procedures in the assembly instructions in the reverse order. A protec- tive layer should be placed between two layers of different parts to avoid scratches.
• External packing and internal filling should be added during transportation. Fragile products, such as glass and marble, must be placed on the top to avoid deformation.
• Shades should be used to cover the furniture to shut out light, if it is not used for a long time. The furniture should be stored in a well-ventilated and dry room.
It shall be the distributor of the Product or the seller who sells the Product to you who provides the Quality Assurance Services of the Products to you. Please check and confirm the Quality Assurance Services, the period of the Quality Assurance, and other policy related to the Quality Assurance of the Product with the distributor of the Product or the seller who sells the Product to you. In case of any inconsistency between this Quality Assurance and the law, it shall be executed according to the law.
The following product scenarios are not covered by Stellar Works’ quality warranty:
• Damage to products due to failure to follow the instructions in this manual or due to improper operation during installation, use and maintenance.
• Products not repaired or refitted by Stellar Works or by a third party authorized by Stellar Works.
• Damage to products during handling and transport.
• Damage to products due to overuse or misuse of products, cuts/scratches, collision/accidents, as well as force majeure (such as earthquakes, fires and floods).
• Color fading, cracks, and peeling of products due to direct sunlight, continuous exposure to intense light, and any overheating due to heating equipment.
• Damage to products due to any chemical and non-chemical substances and other external factors, such as acetic acid, chemical solvents, dye, ink, sweat and other liquids and chemicals.
• The quality warranty is not applicable to defective products sold at reduced prices. This limited quality warranty prevails over any other written or verbal quality warranty.
This limited quality warranty prevails over any other written or verbal quality warranty.
Procedures for repair, return, and replacement:
Please apply for the repair, return, or replacement of Stellar Works’ products with your dealer. For repair, return, or replacement, you need to provide the following materials:
In the event of incomplete materials, Stellar Works and its dealer have the right not to provide warranty services. Your dealer will determine whether a professional should be assigned for on-site inspection, after receiving your warranty card. The professional should test the problematic product or take a photo of it, as appropriate. The dealer must provide the required materials (e.g. the warranty card, the photo, and the third-party test report) to the after-sales departments of Stellar Works. Stellar Works will review the problematic product based on such materials to see if the issue is within the scope of warranty. Additionally, it will promptly respond to the issue and propose a solution. If you are unable to apply for the warranty with your dealer because they are no longer operating, you can mail the above materials to the following address, or submit them to the local office of Stellar Works. Stellar Works may ask you to provide a professional inspection report, if necessary.
*Stellar Works will determine whether the issue is within the scope of warranty, upon test or review, within 30 days after receiving the material.